Monday, May 13, 2013

Frozen

Days pass but not empty of your thought
Your accustomed winter chills my blood
Freezing the snow covered chambers of this heart
Your pain like smoke chokes my breath
Your unceasing darkness clouding & drowning me under to an unseen world
The bleeding scars reminisce a rose rend by it's own thorn
See that blood sweep over the sheath of my love?
I now carry it's stain, the very substance of your life!
Kiss me so I can live, or kill me so I can die,
Leave me not in this misery of owning you & possessing nothing.

(18-10-12)

2 comments:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

“Being realistic is the most commonly travelled road to mediocrity.” Will Smith

Your prose poems are anything but mediocre even if they are veiled in a beautiful mystery.

BlackEmpress said...

Russel: You make my heart sing! TY! :)