Monday, July 28, 2014

The tale of time


I have veils of tears in my eyes
Unspoken words on my lips
& whirlpool of memories in my head
They tell me 'do' then they tell me' don't'
It is not I, but this pen that's compelled to express my state
I am stuck in an hourglass, watching the sands slip, awaiting my turn to fall
You look but do not speak
Trapped within the bars of your own World
Have you not seen a hunger like yours in my eyes?
But you would not trade material for an ounce of feminine sentiments,
Hypnotized you walk away, leaving me to my emotional drama,
Lost like a child, I stare in disbelief,
Observing you fade from the purview of my life.

3 comments:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

You dip in and out of this virtual existence like a passing cloud, or some long forgotten deity who suddenly remembers something she left behind on some distant sphere. Then, upon arrival, leave behind a beautiful but small gem.

BlackEmpress said...

A woman with emotions is a woman in danger.
Your words are anticipated & you bowl me over every time!

Ouzymandiaz said...

“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass