Wednesday, April 27, 2005

My Immortal

I'm so tired of being here Suppressed by all my childish fears She walked along the graves, absorbed in herself-her expression, neither of sorrow nor pensive: lost. She conjured the reasons to live & couldn't come up with a single answer. And if you have to leave I wish that you would just leave She turned around to have a last look of the tiny grave topped with the fresh pink roses. Her pain was so intense that she felt numb; dead to her own body. She wanted to cry but felt her link broken with mortality; she knew she was still on the ground. 'Cause your presence still lingers here And it won't leave me alone His lithe body with his naughty grin bounced in front of her, lighting up the side of her smile. She, dwelling in the reverie managed to smile for a moment. She could hear his innocent laughter in her ears & then the illusion vanished; forcing her back to her world. These wounds won't seem to heal This pain is just too real There's just too much that time cannot erase She walked on, nothing to hold on to from the past: nothing for the future as she buried her hopes & dreams, beneath the soil of the grave. When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears And I held your hand through all of these years But you still have All of me There was no question that he was her world; her life; her song. He was the meaning. He was everything. Nothing could tear them apart-nothing except death. You used to captivate me By your resonating life Now I'm bound by the life you've left behind He had brought so much love & laughter in her life when it was falling to pieces. He had given her hope to survive when her chances were nil. He gave her strength to face her troubles & succeed. He reawakened her dreams & a whole wonderful new life. His joy revoked her own. She felt human having him in her life. Your face it haunts My once pleasant dreams Your voice it chased away All the sanity in me She entered her door to find the darkness. A few hours eariler his laughter had echoes in the halls. She'd chased him while playing. He'd ran with the roses she'd bought for someone else. Now those roses lay on his grave. His immortal soul swept across the halls. His photgraphs surrounded her, on all 4 walls. His dazzling smile & his sparkling eyes, captured & frozen for endless time. I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone But though you're still with me I've been alone all along Alone once before him, alone once again, she faced her future. She didn;t know what would become of her dreams. The only thing that seemed worthwhile was the dagger lying across the kitchen table. She promised to join him soon. She couldn't imagine her life without him, till then his memories would haunt and please-perhaps be the only company till death wouldn't either keep them apart.

No comments: