Monday, May 30, 2005

A promise I make

Language was created to convey only a minute part of the emotions. If I could reveal the depth of love I felt for you, I would’ve even torn opened my insides to show you. I lay here mercilessly vulnerable to any kind of treatment you would imply on me. Here is my life; here is my heart. If I could give you the world I would. If I could exchange every joy of mine with each sorrow of yours, I would. If you’ve ever known love, you wouldn’t know anyone as unconditional as mine. You might say that I am not practical. You say that I am dependent. I could tell you that I like being that way. Life is perfect with you there & if you’re not there, there’s no life. Life has no purpose. Maybe I’m short-sighted. But then who knows tomorrow. I know not if we might be here. I can’t promise to be alive for you, but I do promise to be with you till I exist. I would want you in my life tomorrow, the next day & the day after that but life gives no guarantees. I know that you’re in this moment with me & that means a lot to me. More than you’ll ever know perhaps.

No comments: